Thursday, March 17, 2011

it's the most wonderful time of the year

i woke up singing the title of this post to myself (happens often) but i really think today starts the most wonderful time of the year (i say that every time..). sure my birthday is a joyous occasion, and the start of college football season makes my heart skip a beat; but the sun is shining longer and warmer and it's definitely the start of march madness (none of that 4 game play-in nonsense). i have my brackets filled out and i'm entered in a few contests in hopes of winning money to a) buy me a puppy and b) refill my bank account after the hit it will surely take when i'm in vegas. plus, i'm a firm believer that betting makes life more interesting.
especially when wvu is somehow on the line [the above picture is from when i met former wvu basketball standouts patrick beilein and mike gansey at a wvu football game back in 2006..i altered the picture so you cannot see tears of joy streaming down my face]. i foolishly have them going to the elite 8 (beating ohio state??really jessie??). my love for them exceeds rationality. so here's to hoping for more beautiful weather and a march full of madness. i leave you with a memory of last year's "most wonderful time of the year". i guess not everyone felt the same way?

cheers, beers, and mountaineers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment