Thursday, March 31, 2011

don't stop - fleetwood mac

this song is very near and dear to me. in fact it's my favorite song. i first heard it when i was in a roller-skating rink up in new york when i was much much younger (probably around the time clinton was running for president...). i went to my parents to try and figure out what it was, but i couldn't. for the longest time i thought it was Mary Chapin Carpenter's The Hard Way (which introduced me to mary chapin carpenter, which is not a bad outcome!). BUT i finally found it, i believe, when i saw this on TV:


i love it. can't get enough.
i'm especially fond of the end when the members of the band leave, one by one, leaving the monster percussion section and trumpets of the band. when i'm running to this song, i often find myself air-drumming along. i've listened to it so much, i've forgotten how the not-live version of the song sounds. and the lyrics are happy and uplifting...

so do you like it or do you love it

1 comment: