Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Vegas! Day 1! Feel the excitement! Through my exclamation points!

After waking up at the crack of dawn, getting to my gate over 2 hours early, and narrowly surviving turbulence (so i exaggerate..), I made it to Las Vegas. Okay, flying really isn't that bad. It's the thought that gets me...and the lack of control over the plane...and the occasions when the pilot turns on the fasten seatbelt sign and has to make an announcement about it because it's gonna be baadd.. But flying over patterned farm landscapes and snow covered mountains and something that looks like the grand canyon is pretty fantastic. And now there's Las Vegas. A whole new world. I'm pretty excited about it all. It is such an abrupt change from DC. I was warned of the slot machines everywhere, but really- slot machines. everywhere. The whole place is pretty bizarre with Paris to my left and New York City just down the street. I can't tell if it's overwhelming or awesome. The view from my room (second picture) is stellar. I can see the Bellagio fountain and the sun setting over the mountains. I want to watch that fountain at night with Clair de Lune playing like in Ocean's Eleven. But now i'm feelin the jet lag, i'll let pictures do the rest of the talking..
vegas1
vegas2
vegas3

No comments:

Post a Comment