Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Really J. Crew?

normally i wouldn't complain much about j crew.. oh who am i kidding.. with their prices on the rise i seem to be doing it a lot (sorry i'm not sorry i refuse to ever pay $2500 for a long sequin skirt that rightly belongs in the party and novelty section of the skirt section) but these are just ridiculous:

Really? Denim Shortalls?

While I don't believe I'll be purchasing a pair in the near future, I guess they're not that bad. The issue I have is with the name "shortalls". Stop me if I'm wrong, but I thought "overalls" were called such because they went over all of your body (or over all your clothes). And one cannot forget about "coveralls" which have sleeves, thereby covering more of your body (or covering all of your clothes). But one thing is for certain - the name is a descriptor, saying that the garment in which you are currently clad is over/covering all. So why can't "shortalls" follow suit? Why do they gotta be different? Yes, "shortalls" is a combination of shorts and overalls, but wouldn't it make more sense to call them "oversomes" since they're only over some of your body, rather than all? And if they happened to be capri length - "overmosts"?


Really? Denim Jumpsuit?

need i say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment