Friday, February 18, 2011

Winter takes my freckles away

Recognize these?? :

I don't either. Apparently they're my vitamin D deprived stumps, also known as legs. And they are ghostly pale. Translucent even. All of my summer freckles that made them appear "tan" have faded. I took them for a run since the weather has been downright awesome and they just loved it. They were like "Jessie! It's beautiful outside, let's keep running!" And I was like "No! Gotta stick to the schedule!" And they were like "But how many days will be like this in february!?" and I was like "Noo, it'll be warm soon enough!" and they were like "C'monnn" and I was like "No". So then we went home. Couldn't strain my legs before a big run tomorrow.. Speaking of which, I made the Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce that I found on Smitten Kitchen for my pre-long-run pasta.

I had high expectations for this sauce. Smitten Kitchen raved about it. And so did several others. And every word of their raves was the truth. I highly recommend it. There was so much flavor for only three ingredients. It was so good. And easy. Hopefully my long run will be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment