Monday, January 31, 2011

When life hands you lemons..

..make lemonade.

So when life handed me a sick day, I made bread ...once i was feeling better and was able to stomach the idea of looking at food and actually stomach food... plus I was out of bread. So I tied on my new apron from my mom and made Challah from Baking with Julia, by Dorie Greenspan. A previous Challah bake left me with a flat, sorta dense Challah but this one, this one...


The loaves rose well. They are beautifully colored. The inside is so light and fluffy. And it filled the house with most wonderful smell ever. Also, I hear when life hands you 2 day old challah, make french toast. Ugh, if you insist..

In other news, a year ago was this:


while it was all really stressful and time consuming,
i miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment