Sunday, January 16, 2011

I'll stick with the birds

Week 1 of marathon training ended successfully yesterday with a really nice 10 mile run down and around Hains Point. I saw 4 foxes. They scared the bejeezus out of me. Afterwards, Cynthia came by for the night and, after much deliberation, we made vegan pita pizzas with vegan cheese (it melts and spreads! mmm?). The best part: I got to try out my new garlic chopper. It was awesome. Worked perfectly. I'm never chopping another garlic clove again.



Then after waking up early (because that's when nature gets up!!!!), navigating my bathroom in the dark because someone blew a fuse, and filling mason jars with coffee, we drove out to Roosevelt Island by civil dawn for some good ol' fashioned freezing cold winter birding. And though it was very cold, and cynthia didn't bring out the hand warmers until near the end, and the planes made it hard to hear, we saw some pretty cool stuff: various woodpeckers, carolina wrens, adorable dogs...






and the morning was not complete
without vegan brunch at sticky fingers
(which made me realize
my past 24 or so hours have been vegan
and it hasn't been thhaatt bad...)

No comments:

Post a Comment