Saturday, April 23, 2011

Greetings from the cove!

This past weekend I was at Cooper's Cove in West Virginia for "opening weekend" at BCWS/my place of employment this summer/the happiest place on earth (pretty sure disneyworld can't hold a candle to it! ..not that I've ever been..). For opening weekend, a group of parents and kids and former/current staff members, or just anyone who has been associated with the camp, comes out to unpack and get camp ready to go for the year. Oh and a little fun is thrown in the mix.

coveview

This year, if you completed a task such as put the cushion covers on couch cushions or clear sticks off of the road, you got an easter egg with candy or a toy or a peep inside to be kept for later. Then on Saturday night, after a lot of work has been completed, we all gathered around the fireplace for a "peep show" where groups had put together dioramas using the peeps they acquired throughout the day. My group took it very very seriously and played chubby bunny with our peeps. I think I fit 5 in my mouth before I burst into uncontrollable laughter and peeps started flying out of my mouth.

peeps

But opening weekend is a great chance to catch up with people I haven't seen in a while and it gives me the opportunity to see the cove at a different time of the year.

topofbald

No comments:

Post a Comment